2014 brings GarzaFX a new sponsor in Seminole Scuba.
Get to know Paul Shepherd and his competent team at Seminole Scuba in Lake Mary, Florida, whether getting certified or making a once in the lifetime trip like AFRICA 2014.
Seminole Scuba’s next major adventure, Africa 2014, is a magical trip to trek with Gorillas in Rwanda, Safari in Kenya, and then to Zanzibar, Tanzania for 7 nights of diving and culture. As a guide, Paul Shepherd brings his 10 years of living in Africa plus, an ability to fluently speak Swahili to enrich this experience.
Gorillas, Wilderness, & Diving Approximate dates: Nov 11 – Nov 29, 2014*
Wilderness, & Diving Approximate dates: Nov 15 – Nov 29, 2014
*The Gorilla viewing is optional
Address: 3869 Lake Emma Road, Lake Mary, Florida, 32746
Sometimes life and adventure require your full attention! In an effort to slow down moments in time, that’s exactly what I choose to do, unplug. Updates forthcoming:
1. 5 day road trip to Georgia, including: a taste of the Appalachian Trail.
2. Review: The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
3. Perfect 42, how does your birthday make you feel?
4. Review: Day of the Doctor
Under the forthcoming tab, here is slate of new posts down the line:
- dying @ your desk
- Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center State Park @ White Springs, Florida
- Prepping for the apocalypse with fish food?
- Big Shoals State Park @ White Springs, Florida
- Juniper Creek Canoe Run in the Ocala National Forest @ Marion, Florida
- Top 10 films
- Wes Skiles Peacock Springs @ Live Oak, Florida
Here is a sample of some of those accompanying images:
So the past month, I had my share of life’s ups and downs physically. Part of approaching age 42, was maintaining my varied body parts. This week had opened with a co-worker limping around valiantly from a bump knee. Recovering from my own “gimpy” adventures (i.e. knees, ankles, etc..) recently, I had suggested Epsom Salt aka Magnesium Sulfate. The other ordeal was a reoccurrence of an ulcer. Thankfully, I had avoided any stomach ailments since my gallbladder surgery about 2 years ago; however, unsure of the source of the issue, I had fired up some iron pills to alleviate a bout of anemia and addressing certain color (black) and smell of the #2.
The hat trick was the standby, 250 Mg Magnesium pill. After stirring up the acid in my stomach during the week, this had calmed my stomach avoiding purchase of over the counter pills or drinks. After taking one pill, the indigestion and bloating had subsided where I can now sit up, post, and read my scuba manual.
With those two experiences, I had thought it important to repost two different shout outs to my favorite element, magnesium! Be well my fellow humans, be well!
1) The 12th Element, Magnesium (GarzaFX) – This post talks of general and unexpected uses for Magnesium, can’t overemphasize the value there.
2) Healing Water: Part 1 (GarzaFX) – A piece regarding testing Epsom Salts, just remember the more you hurt, the longer to soak (i.e. 30 minutes or more)
As always, consult with a medical professional when making changes to your diet or any possible interactions with other medications!
Added more video and pictures to two of the more popular posts @ GarzaFX.com, plus video from my next post on Falling Waters State Park @ Chipley, Florida. Just a reminder, all original content images I had posted at 3264 x 2448, so don’t forget to click for the higher res version if you like 😛
1. Manatees and Tarpon of Crystal River, Florida
(Updated Tarpoon Feeding video edit, music by Jerry Goldsmith, “Ila’s Theme”)
2. Halloween: A Garza Tale, The General
(Pumpkin Eating Contest, video edit, music by Duran Duran, “Sinner or Saint”)
3. Falling Waters State Park @ Chipley, Florida
(Final edit, music by Steve Howe,”Valley of the Rocks”)
Just got done upgrading my good ole’ Macbook with latest copy of iMovie, GarageBand and Mac OS X, Mavericks; however, popping up to iOS 7.0.3, my iPhone 5s has been a formidable force kicking out content the past two weeks. My Google+ account is now auto-publishing all new content to the general public!